Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Unmarked Conversation

- There is something I want to tell you.
- Please, God, let it not be that you love me. I am so fucking tired of hearing that.
- Well, it is. I love you.
- Christ.
- Hey! I'm serious! It's really import --
- Not to me. Not to me, it isn't.
- Why?
- I told you. I'm tired of it. Please, --
- But I want you to be --
- I don't want to! Don't tell me what you want me to be.
- I want you to be happy.
- I don't care! Would you listen? Fucking listen?
- It took a lot for me to --
- I do not. Fucking care.
- That is so. . .so fucking. . .Jesus, fucking. . .fucking mean.
- Oh, Jesus Christ.
- Fuck you.
- Fuck me? Fuck you!
- Listen, I --
- How am I different?
- Of course you are.
- No, no I am fucking not. I mean, sure --
- You are --
- -in, like,a basic. . .physiological way, but not --
- Physiological?!
- -not, you know, to you. Yes, physio-! Jesus! Please fuck off!
- But --
- Please!
- Okay.
(pause)
- If you loved me, you'd fight for it.

No comments: